Mental Health Officer

If you need to receive care and treatment on a compulsory basis, we will arrange for you to have a Mental Health Officer (MHO).

Mental Health Officers will tell you about your rights and ensure that you get the care you need. This includes helping you to find independent advocates to speak on your behalf.

All Mental Health Officers are qualified as social workers, therefore they can link you with other services.

We can also provide some housing with support for adults living with mental health problems, through the Positive Steps service.

There are a limited number of places in Positive Steps, to get referred for a place in Positive Steps, please contact Social Care Direct.

If you need some advice on Mental Health Officer or Positive steps, please contact us on: