For up to date information during the COVID-19 pandemic visit our COVID-19 page.
Deaf, hard of hearing, deafened or deafblind services
The Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership works with Deaf Action to provide support for those in need across the Capital.
Deaf Action can:
- assess your needs and provide advice and long term support
- assess for and provide specialist equipment such as flashing doorbells and smoke detectors, and advise on other equipment you can buy
- provide a BSL duty service
Watch our video below to find out more about what services are available.
Get in touch with Deaf Action
Tel: 0131 556 3128
SMS: 07775 620 757
If you’re a BSL user you can contact Deaf Action by telephone using contactSCOTLAND-BSL
You can contact Deaf Action via Relay UK by dialling 18001 + the required telephone number free of charge but standard network rates for your phone provider may apply. More information about Relay UK.
Other available services
Visit the Deaf Action website for information on the other services provided to deaf people.
Health in Mind’s Deaf Counselling Service is open to BSL users and other deaf people.
The City of Edinburgh Council and the Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership plan for supporting and including BSL users in Edinburgh.
Sight loss services
The Health and Social Care Partnership funds or provides three services for people with sight loss. You do not have to be registered as Severely Sight Impaired or Sight Impaired (blind or partially sighted) to use these services.
- Emotional support, signposting to other services and technology help at Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion from Visibility Scotland
- Rehabilitation and mobility training from SightScotland
- Social work assessment and care management from the Partnership’s locality teams
Visit our new list of helpful services for people with sightloss.
Sight Scotland also administers the Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) Register on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council. If you have any questions about the register or wish to update any details, please contact Sight Scotland.
Get in touch with Sight Scotland
send a letter to:
Colin Hilditch, Head of Community Services
50 Gillespie Crescent
telephone: 0131 385 7488