Lifestyle Management Course 2021
Is this course for you?
This course is for you if you have a diagnosed physical disability or long-term health condition. It would suit you if you are keen to explore ways of building your confidence, self- esteem, knowledge and skills that will help you to cope better and move on in life despite any difficult life situations that you may be dealing with. This course is to help you self-manage your situation.
What does this course offer?
This course, which will run once a week for twelve weeks, is an opportunity for you to share your experiences and coping strategies with other course participants in a safe and confidential space. Together we can explore ways to make small changes which can enable powerful progression in your life. The course covers the following topics:
- Incorporate effective communication into your life
- Stress and anxiety management and the benefits of relaxation
- Understanding pain and other symptoms
- Pacing and energy management and sustaining a balanced lifestyle
- Getting active and keeping motivated
- Planning and prioritising goals and actions for a better lifestyle
- Mindfulness and mind-body connection
- Managing change and preventing and minimising relapse
- Reflection and forward planning your next steps ahead
The course is free. It will start in mid February 2021 (to be confirmed).
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have adapted the course and it is currently delivered online.
The course has of two facilitators and between six and eight course participants. Sometimes a volunteer or trainee facilitator will attend too.
You will need to have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone with internet to take part in the course. We can help you to set up before the course to make sure it runs as smoothly as possible.
How do I find out more?
If you are interested in attending this course the first step is to register and book yourself a place. You will have a meeting with a course facilitator before the course starts. You will discuss the course in more detail, and how to make sure you get the most benefit from it.
There are different ways you can book a place on the lifestyle management course:
- Speak to your support worker if you have one and they can refer you
- Speak to your GP or someone you can trust and ask them to help you
- Contact us directly by calling on the number below or e-mailing us
Call Susan Dalgliesh: 07795 121 702