Your Rights As A Carer
The Carers Act came into effect on 1 April 2018, giving carers new rights. These rights ensure that all carers are supported and able to continue caring.
Under the Act, you as a carer have the following rights:
- the right to have an adult carer support plan which documents your needs, how these can be met and emergency plan details for the person you care for
- the right to support as a carer
- the right to be involved in hospital discharge for the person you are looking after
- the right to advice and information
- the right to be involved in planning the services we provide, to ensure they meet carers needs
- the right to be involved in deciding what help you need as a carer.