Taking a short break from your caring responsibilities can have a positive impact on the health and well-being of those caring for a loved one.
We can help support you taking a short break in a number of ways and for differing lengths of time.
What short breaks can the Partnership support?
- a few days stay in a residential or nursing home
- flexible sitter services in your home or community
- a direct payment to allow the person you care for to pay for the services they need
- access to a range of day services
- residential weekend breaks.
The options available will depend on the needs and preferences of the person who is cared for.
The person you care for will usually need to have an assessment to get an allowance which they can spend on a short break.
How do I apply for a short break?
If you need a short break, to find out more and to apply, please call us on 0131 536 3371 or fill out a self referral form.